Saturday 5 December 2009

Final Collection Idea...

I was just writing my dissertation, and it got me thinking about my final collection. I have been researching for the dissertation about the importance of value of fashion and how fast fashioin holds no value, as I feel fashion is something that should provoke meaning and show identity.

"Fashion fades, only Style remains the same" Coco Chanel.

I was thinking that my final collection could reflect this, and show how emotional attachment to clothes could prolong its life and make fashion more cared for again- something to be cherished.

Historical references could form this emotional attachment, creating a story behind the garment/ collection. History has meaning, as we can all relate to that moment in time. I want to create a personal experience to the garment for the individual and make a collection that is unique and special. Maybe each piece having some sort of relevance?

I now need to find some sort of theme/ inspiration which can achieve this....

No comments:

Post a Comment