Thursday 7 January 2010

Coco Chanel









I watched the film 'Coco Before Chanel' yesterday, and it really inspired me. I have researched Coco Chanel for my dissertation, and have always found her an inspiration, but watching the film brings her to life. She was such a chic and stylish character, and so ahead of her time. I love the way she was so practical and did not simply adhere to the trends of her time but went totally against them- to her success. Her clothes were made with such care and thought and I think this makes them really special pieces, which I aspire to create. I loved the simplicity of her clothes and the 1920s style which she came to be an icon of. It has made me want to look more into this period for inspiration and for silhouette ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment