Monday 22 February 2010

FMP progression


This is my inspiration wall, which now has a more refined direction. Erdems s/s '10 collection has become a large influence for print and floral ideas. I love the bold colours and the way the florals are filtered out and combined with lace detailing. I adore the bejewelled decoration of Mui Mui's collection, with crystals and delicate colours, which has an expensive, glamourous feel. Loewe's s/s 10 collection has also inspired me, as I want to do some laser cutting in leather, which has been delicately achieved in his collection...


I now have a final colour story, which was taken from a painting I saw at the Royal Collection, and also links with the pallette from the trends boards of s/s 2011. I decided to use quite soft, warm tones, with accents of tomatoe red/pink and kahaki and contrasting black as a base colour for boldness. My fabrics have also been choosen, which include indulgent laces which I brought in Paris, satin silk, silk chiffon, silk goergette and soft leather. I got some pleated samples from Cement pleaters to see which type of pleats I want to use in my collection. They sent me a really good range, but the ones I particulary liked are on my wall, which include the accordian pleat and folded pleat in small sizes...

Copyright
I feel like I am really getting somewhere with my print designs now, and that the collection is starting to come together well. This is one of the prints that I have been working on, and is one of my favourites, because it is bold but still feminine and delicate. The hand drawn flowers work really well once they have been filled in with colour on photoshop, and in repeat of different scales is quite effective...



These are the lace fabrics which I brought in Paris, which are beautifully embellished into to create detail and pattern. This effect is what I love, as it looks really special and feminine. I love the rich, warm colours and edge detailing, which I think would look great as a sleeve or hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment