Thursday 18 February 2010

Pure London


I visited Pure London on Tuesday which is a fashion trade event for directional and contemporary fashion. Buyers visit the show to choose collections for thier stores, so it was a good insight into the industry. I got to look around all the exhibitors stands and talk to the designers about thier brands which was really insightful. A lot of the brands at the show are smaller labels and some less well known so it was interesting to see how many there are out there and what brands I like. My favourites were Darling; a vintage inspired, feminine, pretty label with delicate prints and embroidery. I also liked Chilli Pepper, Jam, Charming, ChiChi, Fever; who use vintage prints, re-creating them for their own collections. I made lots of contacts for possible work experience, so it was a really useful day. I came away really inspired by all the collections I liked, and also feel like I have gained lots of new inpiration for my final collection.


www.darlingclothes.com
www.byjam.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment