Sunday 14 March 2010

Digital Printing


I have had back my digital print samples which I sent to the silk bureau last week. I am really pleased with them, and they are really effective on the silk satin and silk goergette fabrics that I chose. The colours have come out perfectly, and I now have a really good idea of what the collection might look like. The patterns I created are hand drawn and then manipulated on Photoshop, and I was concerned that the hand drawn quality might not be so good when blown up or printed. However, I was pleased that they all looked really clear and effective.

After getting back my prints, I have now chosen my final line up of designs with the print details for each outfit. I decided to choose mostly simple shapes for my garments as there is a lot of detail in the print and embellishment details, but was inspired by the 1920s and Chanel, so did include some interesting constructed and pleated detailing. The shapes and fabric are quite feminine, with light-weight goergette and satin for movement and a delicate summer mood.
On Friday I took a trip to London and went to Shepards Bush Market for my other fabrics. There will be pleating and some panels with no print, so I needed to buy some silk goergette and silk satin fabrics for this. I want to use silks, to make the collection feel really special and luxurious. There was some really good shops at Sheperds Bush, and I was able to get all the colours I needed in the right fabrics, so came away really happy.

From my initial research of the royal collection and the queens jewellery, I was really inspired by the diamonds and jewels. Along with my prints I will be having areas of beading on my outfits, inspired by this, to make the outfits really special.

This is a sample I did with swarovski crystals, which is really effective, giving a glamourous, sprakling effect. I love the swarovski crystals, because they are special and have an exquisite diamonte effect. While I was in London on Friday I went to the creative bead shop near carnaby street, where they have lots of different kinds of beautiful swarovski crystals to choose from, and brought a collection of them to decorate my outfits with.

No comments:

Post a Comment