Tuesday 11 May 2010

Matches

I started my internship at Matches today with Danielle. I think this is going to be a really great experience for me and I am going to learn so much from it. The Freda design team is very small, so I can get really involved, seeing how everything is done. At the moment Danielle is putting together the spring/ summer 2011 collection, which she now has a line up for. I looked through all her inspirations and found out lots about how she gets things done and the process of bringing together a collection. It is very classic, but with some interesting fabrics and prints which are still being designed.

Today I helped sort out some colours and fabric swatches to be sent to Hong Kong to be sourced, did some photocopying and tidying. I got to look around the Matches building including the amazing mail/internet warehouse! It is full of all of the clothes for the website sales, all beautiful designer pieces- Chole, Diane Von Furstenburg etc etc! Like a treasure chest of clothes- amazing!

I think I am going to get on well at Matches and look forward to getting more involved and learning more. Next week I might be able to help out on the Freda photoshoot, which will be really exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment