Wednesday 12 May 2010

Photoshoot

I have been thinking of locations that I could do my photoshoot for a lookbook of my final collection. Looking at other looks books of brands I like, they tend to do it in a setting reflecting the theme of the collection. I like shoots where there is some relevance or meaning to it, but I also don't want it to be too busy with my busy prints...

As my collection is called floral queen, I thought I could either go with the floral theme or queen...

I like the idea of a field, and this beautiful field in Wivenhoe could be a possibility. It is full of flowers and would have a real summer feel. I like the idea, but am worried it might be too much with my colourful, busy prints and details...

This is Wivenhoe church, which is really elegant and vintage feeling, which goes with the theme of my collection. I like the idea of this, beause it is a more simple, neutral colour for a background...

A third idea I have is a brick wall with vine. This has a really English feel, which I like. I think this theme would go well, and is quite simple, however I'm still not sure if any of the locations are too much...

Another option would be to photograph my collection in the studio with a simple grey/white backdrop like with the David Lam photo, which I loved. I have a photographer who is going to do the shoot for me, so I now just need to decide on the location, a model and date.

http://sophiecpayne.blogspot.com/ - Sophie will be photographing my shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment