Tuesday, 25 May 2010
Today I worked with the images on Photoshop putting poses of the same outfit together creating interesting juxtapositions. This shows lots of angles of the outfits and brings the images to life. My photos when finished will be going into a look book of my collection, which I am planning on keeping quite simple but effective with the strong striking images.
Keep looking to see finished images...
Wednesday, 12 May 2010
As my collection is called floral queen, I thought I could either go with the floral theme or queen...
I like the idea of a field, and this beautiful field in Wivenhoe could be a possibility. It is full of flowers and would have a real summer feel. I like the idea, but am worried it might be too much with my colourful, busy prints and details...
A third idea I have is a brick wall with vine. This has a really English feel, which I like. I think this theme would go well, and is quite simple, however I'm still not sure if any of the locations are too much...
Another option would be to photograph my collection in the studio with a simple grey/white backdrop like with the David Lam photo, which I loved. I have a photographer who is going to do the shoot for me, so I now just need to decide on the location, a model and date.
http://sophiecpayne.blogspot.com/ - Sophie will be photographing my shoot.
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
There was a few things that I changed along the way, but nothing major. I didn't like the cuffs on one of my jackets as the frills looked a bit twee, and the collar also didn't work. I changed these to more simple leather binding which looks much better. I also had some problems with the hems of pleathing on one dress. The seams and undergraments were showing on each layer where the pleating had been sewn on the bottom. I had to do a lot fo un-picking, pinning, cutting and re-stitching to get this right, but it now looks great! There was also the hem of a jacket I had to unpick, cut and re-sew as it had dropped on one side. A few of the dresses in the silk satin did drop after cutting, so I had to leave them on the mannequin over-night then pin and cut the hems straight before hemming, These are small details that you don't think about or realise until you make in the right fabrics, and I have learnt a lot of things like this. It shows how important it is to plan and be organised because there are always things that come up that you didn't plan for that take time.
Today I helped sort out some colours and fabric swatches to be sent to Hong Kong to be sourced, did some photocopying and tidying. I got to look around the Matches building including the amazing mail/internet warehouse! It is full of all of the clothes for the website sales, all beautiful designer pieces- Chole, Diane Von Furstenburg etc etc! Like a treasure chest of clothes- amazing!
I think I am going to get on well at Matches and look forward to getting more involved and learning more. Next week I might be able to help out on the Freda photoshoot, which will be really exciting!
Monday, 10 May 2010
Saturday, 8 May 2010
I have been working on my final pages for artsthread today. I decided to have my four pages all of my final project as I feel this best reflects what I can do. I have an illustration page, design page, print page and mood page. I am happy that the pages show my work well, and any employer looking at my portfolio online will be able to see the range of skills that I have.